As one of my Rich friends you probably already know this, but it’s worth repeating – if you want to get coin like a business, you have to act like a business. All too often, folks lose out on opportunities to earn money by not mastering that single principle. And you guys have no idea how much it breaks my heart to see it happen.
And now you’re probably thinking, “Well Nicole, how do I know if I’ve mastered the art of acting like a business?”
I’m glad you asked!
If you’re acting like a business, then you’re not making these rookie mistakes:
1. Posting on your personal Facebook account (rather than a Facebook Page) about your business.
Quick Fix: Establish one for free for yourself (as a public figure) or for your brand/business.
2. Not having a dedicated website.
Quick Fix: Take 30 minutes to set up a quick free site on WordPress or Squarespace.
3. Commingling business and personal funds in your PayPal account.
Quick Fix: PayPal for Business is free, and you’ll thank me come tax season.
4. Wasting hours creating your own graphics when design isn’t your specialty.
Quick Fix: Get professional graphic work done inexpensively through Fiverr or create something better looking on your own quickly with Canva.
5. Flooding people’s Facebook and Instagram timeline with your products – with no strategy or plan on how to establish and grow your own consumer base. You might see some traction, but are you sure it’s from the right audience? And if Facebook or Instagram disappears, how will you contact this new audience?
Quick Fix: See mistake #2, and create a place (website, business Facebook Page) for your fans to congregate and discuss how wonderful your offerings are. Use your personal timeline to occasionally direct them there.
6. Not having an e-mail list. This is the granddaddy rule – you need an email list. It’s a must. When people buy from you, get their email address.
Quick Fix: MailChimp is free. Do that like, yesterday.
7. Setting unclear goals. Don’t dabble – go hard.
Quick Fix: Set weekly sales goals, inventory, or social media growth goals. Then crush them.
There’s so much FREE information out there, and I’m always here as a resource for you, Rich Friend. However, you guys know I don’t do free – so you don’t have to work with me directly – but please do the work and ACT like a business. Unless of course, you don’t want to get coin like one.