SEASON 3, EPISODE 7
I love doing our normal Q&A + chat or interview but when something significant happens and we need a one-on-one, that’s exactly what we do here.
Friend, today we need a one-on-one. Just last week I released an episode that resonated with a lot of you. It was about complex family relationships, specifically about my relationship with my father. I didn’t know that just 24 hours after having that conversation, my father would pass away.
So today we’re chatting about this loss and how I’m experiencing grief and grace. Friend if there is one thing I want you to hear from this episode it’s this: If you are going back and forth on whether or not you want to do the work that’s required in order to get to a place where you’re able to have that peace around a relationship, I encourage you to do it.
Thank you for being here and walking through this season with me. Your messages, prayers, peace coverings, and everything in between are felt and so, so appreciated.
We’ll talk soon, friend.
Read the transcript for this episode HERE
Listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, or iHeartRadio
In this episode, I share:
- My thoughts and feelings around the timing of our last episode,
- How I’m handling the loss of my father,
- Why this isn’t the first mourning I’ve done over him,
- What regrets I have (if any) as I go through grief and grace,
- How I’ve processed the grief and trauma from parts of my childhood, and
- My advice to you on complex family relationships
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Send me a DM on Facebook and Instagram
- Record a voice message for me here
- Considering therapy? I highly recommend Open Path Collective
- Don’t miss the last episode where I talk about my relationship with my father
- I love reading your reviews of the show! You can share your thoughts on Apple here!
More about The Nicole Walters Podcast:
If you’re looking for the strategies and encouragement to pursue a life of purpose, this is the podcast for you! Week after week Nicole Walters will have you laughing hysterically while frantically taking notes as she shares her own personal stories and answers your DMs about life, business, and everything in between.
As a self-made multimillionaire and founder of the digital education firm, Inherit Learning Company, Nicole Walters is the “tell-it-like-it-is” best friend that you can’t wait to hang out with next.
When Nicole shows up, she shows OUT, so tune in each week for a laugh, a best friend chat, plus the strategies and encouragement you need to confidently live a life of purpose.
Follow Nicole on IG @NicoleWalters and visit inheritlearningcompany.com today and click the button to join our betterment community. Your membership gives you access to a world of people and tools focused on helping you build the life you want.